3.05.2016

New Blog for Bad Movie Night Lovers

If you read this blog, then you know I have a HUGE love for Bad Movies. Not just any bad movie, because we all know there are plenty of those. No, I'm talking about "entertaining" Bad Movies. The kind that for all intent and purposes, was supposed to be a straight shooter, made with passion and gusto, but ultimately falling more into the "WTF?" category because of sheer incompetence. And it's these films that end up being the most hilarious, because you know they were really striving for greatness, but failing miserably. These are generally the most entertaining ones, because they're not funny on purpose. It's purely accidental.

Being a huge fan of this particular little sub-genre of films, I decided to start hosting a monthly Bad Movie Night over a year ago at my place and it's been so successful, that it's pretty much the one thing I look forward to the most. Other than spending time with my awesome wife of course. If you've ever hosted one of these films for a group of people, whether it be strangers or your friends, then you know these are always hit or miss. As I said before, there are plenty of terrible films to choose from, but not many of them are so bad that they end up being entertaining. But they're out there! You just have to know where to look and what to look for, which is where my problem comes in. I really had nowhere to look. Other than a random suggestion from a person or two, I had no real database or source to fall on that would suggest the right kind of Bad Movies for me to show for a crowd of hungry Bad Movie enthusiasts. If you do any kind of google search for bad movies, you're sure to find a few blogs and whatnot that do offer suggestions and reviews on bad films, but what I found in the majority of them was that yes, they are indeed bad films....and nothing more. Boring, dull, lazy, and completely uninteresting trash that would bore my group to death. Case in point, the 90's low-budget sci-fi/horror feature Soultaker. Having never seen it myself or previewed it beforehand (something I always do), I threw this on based on a friends suggestion because it was indeed a bad film, but what ultimately happened was that it ended up being boring as fuck, and the consensus was that this was one of the worst (worst meaning just terrible) experiences we had up to that point watching these films. Needless to say it was a learning experience for me. Never again will I throw a movie on without doing some die-hard research or just plain previewing myself to gauge whether it's an entertaining bad film, or just a bad film.

I am always on the hunt for these, and having no real reliable source, I've spent countless hours and a lot of money trying to find these hidden gems. I figured there's got to be more people out there like me, more Bad Movie Night fans who want to watch a terrible film with a bunch of friends, and laugh their asses off at the sheer insanity and ineptness of these wonderful slices of entertainment. So that's what my new blog, www.BadMovieNightHQ.blogspot.com is all about. This will be where I post "ONLY" Bad Movie Night suggestions, reviews and news. Hopefully, in time, when someone types in "Bad Movie Night Reviews", this blog will be one of the top posts that pops up, and because of my research and dedication, you will have an honest to goodness Bad Movie to show your friends that will guarantee a great time.

I'm currently in the process of sprucing up the website, but for now, it'll just be simple until I'm motivated enough to make some changes. So please, stay tuned! And add BadMovieNightHQ to your blog list and please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment