12.13.2013

Posterhanger: The BEST Poster Hanger You'll Ever Buy

27 x 40 Turkish Hands of Steel Poster w/ Posterhanger

I know, weird that I'm pushing a product and not getting paid for it. Ha! Truth is, I wasn't approached to push this or anything like that. I love this thing so much that I just feel the need to share with anybody else who has the same problem I have with displaying my film posters of a certain size and never being able to find frames to fit them.

In the U.S., the standard for movie posters are either 24 x 36 inches or 27 x 40 inches. You can hit up any place like Target, Walmart, Kmart, Hobby Lobby and whatnot and grab a plastic poster frame, but the biggest they ever offer is 24 x 36 inches. Hobby Lobby is the same, but they offer nice solid wood frames with glass. But it's the same problem, never bigger than 24 x 36 inches. Every once in a blue moon you might actually come across a poster frame for 27 x 40 inches at some random store, but it will most certainly be plastic. I don't know about you, but when I display poster art in my home, I like it to look nice. Wood frames are ideal and whether you go black, white or espresso brown, they add a nice touch to your decor. My home is filled with these frames and everyone compliments them when they first visit.

The biggest problem for me though is that a lot of the posters I buy or look for end up being 27 x 40, so I'm forced to go with the plastic frames, if I can ever find them that big. To me, they just always look cheap.

Recently as I did some research on poster hangers I came upon a website called Posterhanger that sells a particular hanger that displays your poster from the top and bottom, and that's it. No real frame to speak of, no plastic cover either; just a bar at the top and bottom. I took a chance and ordered one and let me tell you, I'm so happy I did. I never expected my poster to look this good displayed. The best part? You don't have to fold your poster to fit a frame, or have that annoying glare from the cheap plastic. A single rod at the top holds the poster straight without having doing any damage to the poster or print, and another rod keeps weight at the bottom so it will lay flat. This thing is freaking amazing and I've already ordered a few more. I have a collection of the large 27 x 40 inch posters that I was never able to display....until now.

Of course, there are cheaper ones out there that you can get off of eBay and Amazon, but they are made of cheap flimsy plastic and if you read enough reviews, they're a total waste of your hard earned money, whereas these are solid and have a slight modern/industrial look. I love this. I love that with these hangers it's all about the poster art and not the frame. There's no annoying glare and it gives the art a simple, clean, streamlined looked. Best of all, it literally took 1 minute to put together and I used 1 single thin nail to hang. No nasty big nails that leave big holes in your wall for those typical solid wood/glass frames I've grown accustomed to.

They are made of aluminum and come in silver or black in all sizes starting at 12 inches all the way up to 72. To order yours, just visit Posterhanger.com

No comments:

Post a Comment