9.06.2013

1st official Robocop trailer is up!



So here's the first official trailer for the new Robocop reboot starring Joel Kinnaman (The Killing), Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton, Samuel L. Jackson and directed by Jose Padilha. By now, you've probably already seen this as it was everywhere when it hit yesterday. But just in case you haven't, here you go.

I don't know man, I'm still on the fence about this one. Nothing's really wowed me yet, but it also doesn't look like it's gonna suck either. It does look pretty slick though. I just wish they had stuck with the old school suit from the beginning of the trailer instead of going to the black "combat" suit. Aw well. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure this second Verhoeven remake is going to suck. Generic, no risk action for the PlayStation generation. It'll make a few dollars and then disappear like Colin Farrell's Total Recall. And you're right -- the black and silver suit looks a whole lot better than the bland "stealth" design.

    BTW, I recently watched Street Trash. Have you by any chance reviewed that particular film? Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back! I'm sort of indifferent with this remake at this point. I'm not excited at all, but it doesn't look terrible either. But much like the Total Recall remake, it just seems pointless unless they were going to do something drastically different. And even then, what's the point when the original is still so great almost 30 years later?!

      You know, I've never actually seen Street Trash before. I know of it, but I've never gotten around to actually watching it yet. Would you recommend it?

      Delete
  2. The best I can say is that... it doesn't look terrible. Doubt I'll be going to see it at the cinema though. Don't want to encourage Hollywood to remake more 80s flicks. What next Big Trouble in Little China?!!

    ReplyDelete