11.19.2011

This weekends Cult Cinema view list: Giorgio Moroder's Metropolis & More Brains!: A Return to the Living Dead



Giorgio Moroder presents 
Fritz Lang's Metropolis:
Music producer Giorgio Moroder's re-edited, re-colorized and re-scored with 80's rock music version of Fritz Lang's sci-fi masterpiece finally came out on DVD and Blu-ray this past Tuesday and I cannot wait to watch it this weekend. Unbeknownst to me Target and Walmart decided not to carry this in there retail stores so I had no choice but to get it online, which is fine but I was just really excited to get my hands on it Tuesday and the impatient part of me did not want to wait 2-3 days for it to arrive in the mail.
I can only imagine what this thing looks like on Blu and to top it off, it comes with a rarely seen documentary from the early 80's on Moroder's meticulous restoration process on this wonderful film.
Be sure to expect a review on one of my favorite films of all time in the near future.


More Brains!: A Return to the Living Dead Documentary
Picked this up off the official website at
Get More Brains this past week also. I've been waiting a long time for this too ever since word first came out that they were doing it. I love a good documentary, and if it's related to movies, even better.
The Return of the Living Dead is one of my favorite zombie films and flat out horror films ever. Dan O'Bannon really did a number on the zombie genre with this injecting the film with so much over the top tongue-in-cheek humor, wit, violence, gore and genuine scares that it easily ranks as one of the best horror films to come out of the mid 1980's. Cost: $20 w/FREE shipping.

Heres the word via the official website:
An original 2-hour documentary with never-before-seen material, incredible untold stories and more. Over 30 brand-new interviews with cast and crew from the first three "Return of the Living Dead" films. Never-before-seen deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes, bloopers and special effects test footage that brought the "Dead" to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment