6.30.2011

13 Assassins hits DVD & Bluray on July 5th

I just found out that 13 Assassins hit's DVD and Bluray this Tuesday, July 5th.
I'm really excited because this is a samurai movie that got extremely limited release, but is hailed as one of the best samurai films of all time along side Seven Samurai and directed by none other than the prolific Takashi Miike. If your a fan of Takashi Miike like I am, this is good news because as you know while he throws out up to 8 films a year, a lot of them are utter crap. But there are a few gems here and there, namely Ichi the Killer, Fudoh: The New Generation, Audition, The Bird People in China and the Dead or Alive trilogy.
But every single review and comment I've read regarding 13 Assassins is overwhelmingly good and are saying this might be his crowning achievement. Extremely violent and brutal, but with a storyline to match. Just watching the trailer gives me goosebumps.
Check it out here:
http://youtu.be/NgPC74-Tde8

I'm really excited about this one. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment